A damp cold run turns into a pleasure for the senses



How did my 8k 6k run on a damp and cold Monday night end up being a wonderful thing?

·         The sidewalks and paths were pretty empty

·         Walkers I did encounter smiled as I passed by them

·         The smell of a fireplace burning

·         The wonderful smell of dryer sheets

·         The amazing smells of dinners cooking

·         The Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack which has the most fun songs to run (and sing) to (special thanks to J for uploading it for me and to Steph for suggesting a family movie night to watch it)

All of this was polished off with an ice pack and a couple of Tylenol but that didn’t diminish the fun that I had.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Brown: I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree.

Cows downtown today? I hope so.

Do birds yawn?