I'm not addicted, I'm a collector...the doctor says so.

It is Friday and almost the end of the day….life is good.  I also won $22.50 in our charity bingo today.  With the lack of luck that we have I can only sit and wait to see what breaks and will cost 10 times that amount because it happens every time.  I’ll savour the moment while I can.  This blog will be a mishmash of things that I have seen/heard or have had happen the last little while.

It has been such a busy couple of weeks mostly at work but at home too.  With luck at least at home things will quiet down and I can get some chores done like watering the poor dehydrated plants.  I hear you yelling at me and I’m not ignoring you on purpose.

We had a trivia challenge at the office today and I got to pick the team name – Let’s Get Quizzical.  Our hero is Olivia Newton John.  Everyone on the team wore headbands (even the two young lawyers), four of us wore leg warmers and some of us put on our best Olivia outfits.

 

I explained when they asked me to join that I have oldtimers and am not great at trivia and they said that they didn’t care, I would be comic relief.  That brought on my need to advertise.

 


I was at the Rideau Centre yesterday and oh, what fodder for a blog that place is.  I saw a young man who had braided his sideburns.  They were as long as my hair.  Why would you want to do that? Then there was the lady waiting for the bus that had shaved off her eyebrows and then used what I can only assume was a marker to put them back on.  Why take them off in the first place?  I guess you didn’t like their placement and wanted to make them look like Mr. Spocks…it worked.

Did you know that in a 2010 interview in Cosmopolitan magazine, Suzanne Ferriss, PhD, editor of the book Footnotes: On Shoes, provides fascinating reason for women’s shoe addiction:  “Shoes are a collector’s item, whether women realize they perceive them that way or not,” she says, and buying them triggers an area of the brain’s prefrontal cortex called the collecting spot.

We had our Epic Canadian Shopping Event last Saturday with much success.  It was a great day with friends and family and we got a lot of very nice treasures.  I had the best laugh when Corina told us that Arun had sent her a message that said “Hey dude (we love that part), just so you know the people you are going with tomorrow are shopping monsters.  Like they power through.  If you need to stop and take a break, just go for it.”  So funny.  We are proud shopping monsters and are very proud of Corina for powering through with us.

Why do people feel the need to throw banana peels out on the road?  I see so many when out biking.  Can you not take them to wherever you are going and dispose of them there?

The full moon earlier this week was amazing.  I got a shot of it in the morning on one side of the street and the sun coming up on the other side of the street.



 
Why is it that the black birds on the Canal only ever stay on one side of their island?  I have never seen them move from that spot.  If they are waiting for their ship to come in they have a long wait ahead of them.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Brown: I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree.

Cows downtown today? I hope so.

Do birds yawn?