Splish splash I was taking a bath...a mucky bath.


Are they worthy of the Lord Elgin Hotel?  I sure hope so because I'm taking them to lunch today at the Lord Elgin.
 
What an adventure it was getting home yesterday.  I checked the Weather Network before leaving work at it said that the rain would start at 4:30.  Sure it would I thought.  When have they ever been right.  I stopped at 4:27 to take this fun picture of a duck butt and wouldn’t you know it, it started raining. 
 
Within a minute or so it was pouring and then it started to hail.  Not golf ball sized hail but it was still a little painful.    It was raining so hard (and windy of course) that I had to keep my head down – which causes the rain to go down your back. 
 
 
I was Googling some ideas for biking in the rain....
 
 
I don't think the umbrella would have helped yesterday.
 
This is a better option but I think he looks a bit like a Teletubby.

I like this idea.  It's like biking in a cone of silence.
 
I really could have used ski goggles like a guy had on this morning.  I could look like a bug. 
 
You look a little silly but you can bike with your head held high.

I got to Hogs Back bridge and had to laugh – what else can you do really – because 4 cars drove by and splashed me because the puddles were so big.  I didn’t think I could get any more wet but apparently I did. There were puddles inside my shoes.


I couldn’t believe how much grit was everywhere when I got home.  My poor bike needs a clean bath.  My backpack is full of grit, my shoes, my clothes, my helmet…and I even had mud on my face.  Such a picture J.  I’ve seen guys who are wearing shoe covers and now I see why.  They keep your feet dry and warm.  I’ll have to look into getting some of those.  I wonder if they make them in pink.  My poor Chuck's are so very dirty now...and still wet today.
 
I saw a guy riding a bike….or was it a bed?  He was lying down and only his head was up and just enough to see.  I almost missed  him.  Why would you want to do this?  He was peddling with his hands.  Seems like so much work and a little bit dangerous.

 

 
Yesterday I was windswept - not a great look.
 
We had a lovely birthday dinner for Steph last night.  I thought putting 25 of her faces on her 25th birthday cake was fun.  Lots of great memories in those pictures.
 
 
Let's hope that we don't see any snow flurries this weekend.  I hope you all take some time out of your busy day's to stop and smell the outdoors...not the farmer's fields because they are just gross, but the leaves make it smell like fall now.
 

Comments

  1. You have such great adventures :-) See you next week for tea!! Have a great weekend and yes it does smell like Fall :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Brown: I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree.

Cows downtown today? I hope so.

Do birds yawn?