I want to go out and play

Don't you think that we'd all enjoy winter a lot more if most of it wasn't spent fighting the weather to get to work?  If we could just get up and go out to play we'd all be so much happier.






I was standing in the bus shelter at Fallowfield this morning trying to keep out of the worst of the wind and I noticed that it was snowing inside the shelter.  How does that even happen?  They went to the trouble of putting in the most pathetic heaters in the ceiling (all of 2) but didn't build the shelter so that the elements couldn't come inside.  Quality of workmanship people!!!!  Needless to say I wasn't the happiest of campers because I was so cold.



Now, if I got to just get up and go out to play this morning I would be more like this.



This morning was the first time in two weeks that I have had to ask for a seat on the bus because it is still too much to stand for 30 minutes.  I was a bit disappointed that a boy got up so easily and I didn't get to be least surly.  I've been saving up my surly just for that.  Well, there is still time I suppose.








What do you think of this?  This is what we have been looking at through our beautiful new patio doors for the last month.  I think I should be able to go to the neighbours and ask them to move it because it isn't very attractive.  At first I thought it was their child which was very disconcerting.



After a two hour training session yesterday where I had to take my shoe off, my foot had swollen and I couldn't get it back on so I had to wander the office in stocking feet.  Not the most fashionable thing I've ever done although I thought it better than the ugly black flats that I had been wearing.  So on the way home I decided to bite the bullet and go find some other footwear to get me through the next few weeks and I came across these in Payless.  Not my cup of tea but at least they add some height so I don't feel like I'm 10 years old anymore.  They are stretchy which makes my foot happy but I have to say that bare feet on a day like today....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Remember everyone to stop and catch a snowflake today....and smile because what else can we really do when we live in Canada.












Comments

  1. What the heck is that in their window? And, I love the shoes :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Brown: I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree.

Cows downtown today? I hope so.

Do birds yawn?