I'm madder than a wet hen!



Madder than a wet hen. A thoughtfully complex metaphor describing someone who is raging mad. When hens are wet, they are mad. In fact, they are livid. Use this phrase to express the intensity of another's anger.

I wasn’t able to work off my mad at the gym and believe me I tried hard so I’m hoping I can write my mad away.
I went to the gym, changed the channel on the TV close to the exercise bikes (no one else was anywhere nearby) to the news.  Our news because the US news just gets my blood pressure up these days.  I’m sure that there is a lot more happening in the world than Donald but no one seems to care enough to put it on the news…but I digress.


I get on my bike, put it to a sweaty fat burning workout.  Wouldn’t it just be easier to burn the fat off?  I am about 10 minutes in and a guy comes in, takes the remote that I put in the bike next to me because I didn’t have a place to put it, changes the channel to sports, gets on a bike and proceeds to bike and watch.  I could feel myself getting very warm.  I glared at him and if you ask my kids, they will tell you that when I glare, you know I’m doing it.  He ignored me.  My blood pressure was rising so I cranked up the tunes and added tension (a lot) to the bike and tried to work out my mad.  I tried really hard for 17 of the 20 minutes I had allotted to the bike.  I couldn’t do it any longer because the mad was taking over.

 
I got off the bike, got a towel and wiped my sweat off the bike.  I walked the 2 feet over to the guy and stood there.   He ignored me.  As most of you know, I can be very hard to ignore.  I poked him in the arm, tried for my inside voice and said “That’s ok.  You didn’t need to ask me if I was watching the TV before you changed the channel.”  I got “Oh, I didn’t know you were watching it.”



In my head what was going on was “YOU ASSHOLE! DOESN’T MATTER IF I WAS WATCHING OR NOT BECAUSE WHEN SOMEONE IS IN THE AREA NEAR THE TV’S YOU ASK THEM IF THEY MIND IF YOU CHANGE THE DAMNED TV BECAUSE THAT IS THE POLITE THING TO DO!!!
I worked VERY HARD during the rest of my workout to try to get past this but it just didn’t happen.  I can’t believe how much energy this ass is taking from me today but I will keep working on letting go.


She kind of looks a little evil to which I can relate.
On a lighter note, the question of the day is what the heck are treggings and who comes up with this stuff?  H&M has them on sale for ONLY $149 – ONLY!  Sheesh.
Also, they are having a 50% off sale on work wear.  Since when are thigh high boots considered work wear?  We do have one person I work with who does consider them to be work worthy but seriously, I can think of jobs that they would be work wearable for but that is mostly for night work.
Jonathan and I are going to the US on Friday and if I haven’t worked out this mad by then, I’m sure a little shopping at JC Penny will do it J.

Happy Sunny Day Everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Brown: I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree.

Cows downtown today? I hope so.

Do birds yawn?