Seven days  until Christmas!  Are you ready?  If you are, could you help me? Please.
Actually, I do have things pretty well under control. I have the wrapping started and the baking (sort of) started.

I even braved the Christmas store on Wellington yesterday.  If you haven’t been there yet, you have to picture this lovely little house that has room after room after room after room of Christmas stuff.  It is a bit overwhelming even for me.  Didn’t find just the thing I wanted but then again, just because I can imagine something doesn’t mean that someone has thought of it…but they should.  I saw this hydro meter on the way to the store. Kind of ironic having so much ice on a hydro meter that keeps track of how many millions you own to Ms. Wynne.  Looks a bit like Alien doesn’t it.  Sort of like Ms. Wynne.



I need a tiny chandelier for the little house that Jonathan made.  Every house needs one.  I’m on the hunt.


I know you have all been wondering what’s been happening with the wife of the man with two wives.  Saturday I was looking out my movie screen...oops, kitchen window, and there she was out shovelling.  Not unusual.  But she was shovelling the road in front of her next door neighbour’s house.  Why?  She was shovelling around the neighbour’s car right up to their laneway.  Why? 

Personally, we love it when her neighbour’s car gets snowed in.  Last year a truck (we think a courier or maybe a garbage truck) hit his car and ran.  You will notice that their laneway is empty.  Yes, empty.  She parks in the garage and he parks on the street.  So the laneway is always empty.  Why?  It is very annoying in the winter when we are trying to get in and out of our laneway and there are snowbanks.  Maybe their laneway is haunted and they can only drive over it quickly into the garage and not leave any car on it too long.  I’m sure there is a story there (or I can simply make one up).

Yesterday was coffee duty at church. It is a good way to speak with so many people at church.  I felt a tad sacrilegious though.  I wore jeans.  Yes, me.  I wore jeans.  I never wear jeans at church.  It was a day for comfort (well, as comfortable as jeans can ever be).  I was not struck down. I wasn’t shunned.  The minister didn’t point at me and tell me I had to get out.  I guess it’s ok to wear jeans to church after all.

I have to mention that I helped a Christmas mosquito on his way this morning.  WTF!! It is December???  Aren’t they all supposed to be dead, sleeping or living in Miami right now?

On a final note, I am thankful for my neighbours.  Most of the time I’m not, except for their entertainment value, but this morning as I stood at the bus stop and listed to some dogs on the main drag barking their faces off which was followed by their owner yelling her face off for them to SHUT UP, over and over and over it went…bark, yell, bark, yell.  I said a silent thank you that I do not live next to her.



May your week before Christmas be filled with holly, jolly, wine, helpful store workers, wine, friendly bus seat mates and lots of (wine) time to get Christmas prepped.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cows downtown today? I hope so.

Thankful Thursday

Is this your goal look?