The word of the day is icicle



The word of the day is icicle.
 

The bus had no heat this morning.  Now when you hear “no heat” it can be someone whining that the heat isn’t blasting but the driver this morning confirmed when asked that we had no heat.  The longest drive of all time!!! I sat there shivering and shaking and lamenting that one of my favourite warm pair of mitts was lost on Saturday.  It could be anywhere between here and Massena.  So sad.
So, back to the no heat business.  I am so glad that, for now, I can go into the office and crank up the heat.  I am still wearing my scarf, socks and sweater but the heat is coming out of the vents and once my feet feel the fire it should be time to turn it down.


Today is moving day.  We are moving upstairs to a new modern looking space.  I will admit that I am getting too old for this stuff.  There is a lot to be said about the old way of life.  I’ll miss seeing so many of my co-workers while making tea or in the bathroom but fear not folks, I will take the long route to the bathroom when I can and come back down to visit with you all J.

Jonathan and I had a lovely trip to Massena on Saturday.  There was almost no traffic.  Could have been that the roads weren’t the best but they really weren’t too bad.  We had to wait to get to the bridge to the USA because there must have been an accident on the 401 which meant that a zillion big rigs were being re-routed and we had to wait.  After we got through it was smooth sailing.  Can I make a suggestions dear neighbours to the south?  No, getting rid of him is not a suggestion, it should be a foregone conclusion at this point but I won’t go there.  While you plow your roads frequently can I introduce you to salt?  Salt is a wonderful thing.  It adds wonderful flavour to food, it helps us make cookies, cakes and other delicious food.  Do you know what else it is good for?  For making your lovely plowed road less slippery!!  Just putting it out there folks.




To top off our good day of shopping (I could spend hours in the food section of US Walmart!) the lovely border guard waved us through even though we spent a lot of money – thanks dude!
US Walmart, thank you for keeping us on the straight and narrow and out of prison for “lengthy” terms although, only Walmart shoppers who go pee will get the message.




There were many cashiers at Walmart and not a lot of customers which made us very happy.  The cashier we had seemed to be wishing she was anywhere but standing at her cash.  She asked if we wanted to donate $1 to diabetes.  I said no rather than explain to her that if they didn’t add sugar to everything the eat, diabetes wouldn’t be such an issue.  Seriously!  They had powdered milk that “tastes like cereal”.  Why can’t you just drink regular milk?  And then there is the cereal aisle.  Jonathan’s Happy Place.  They had froot loops.  I like froot loops but really, did you need to add coloured marshmallows to the coloured loops?  Just more sugar.  I could go on….but really need to work.
 
On a final note, it is so cold out that it seems to change the colour of the smoke coming out of our neighbouring buildings.  I thought that there was a fire but when I looked at the other buildings, their smoke was dark too.  The lower buildings still have white smoke.  Very strange.  I’m sure there must be a scientific explanation and if anyone wants to share it….





Be safe and warm today everyone.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cows downtown today? I hope so.

Thankful Thursday

Is this your goal look?